Poliohni is an archaic settlement, east of the island near the village of Kaminia. It was built in the 4th century and in the copper age developed into a urban settlement. It is considered the oldest urban centre and trading port in Europe. Excavations have brought to light stone homes, cobbled streets, walls and public buildings.
Large archaic city of Limnos built by the Pelasgous. It is situated near the village of Kontopouli. Excavations performed from 1926 to 1930 brought to light a temple dedicated to the goddess Limno, a theatre , a palace, baths, wells and houses. The theatre is the most important finding which has been renovated and where many theatrical plays are staged.
An ancient temple north-east of Limnos, possibly the oldest area of adoration in Greece. Today the ruins extending to the north of this area of adoration built during the Hellenistic period along with a smaller area of adoration built in the 3rd century are all that have been salvaged.
CAVE OF FILOKTITI
It is a cave under the temple of Kavireia where, according to Mythology, Odysseus passed through on his way to Troy and left Filoktiti behind for almost 12 years as he had been bitten by a snake.
CHORTAROLIMNI – LAKE ALIKI
Chortarolimni is a seasonal brackish marsh where as aliki is brackish lagoon. They are situated on the eastern part of the island near the village of Kalliopi. These are considered the most important aquatic areas . there you will meet pelekans, flamingos , chestnut coloured ducks, copper coloured chickens and herons.
Located near the village of Atsiki by the sea and is an area of stunning beauty, with rocks to form a landscape of colors and shapes.
In the village of Moudros you will find the cemetery of the expeditionary forces of Australia and New Zealand who fought in the First World War and look part in the expedition in Callipoli in 1915. The 25th April is a national holiday in both countries where commemoration ceremonies are held.